Apple revealed an all new “next generation” MacBook Pro at WWDC 2012 today, it’s the first retina Mac to be made available and comes in addition to their standard MacBook Pro line. The enclosure looks similar to existing unibody MacBook Pro models, though it is significantly thinner and lighter than any previous models.
The specs and features are very impressive and represent some significant engineering, here is what we know so far:
- 15.4″ Retina Display at 2880×1800, 220 pixels-per-inch density
- Quad-core i5 and quad-core i7
- GeForce GT 650M with 1GB VRAM
- 8GB RAM standard, supports up to 16GB RAM
- 256GB SSD standard and up
- 7 hour battery life
- HDMI port
- Dual ThunderBolt ports
- USB 3.0
- 0.71″ thin
- $2199 and up
Shipping begins today. We will update with more information as it becomes available from Apple.