As expected, Apple debuted two new iPhone 6 models today. The first, dubbed the iPhone 6, has a 4.7″ display, while the second, called iPhone 6 Plus, has a 5.5″ display. The internal components for both devices remain the same, making the screen size the differentiating factor between the two models.
iPhone 6 Tech Specs
Some technical specs for the new iPhone 6 models are as follows:
- A8 CPU with significantly better performance and energy efficiency
- iPhone 6 4.7″ screen: 1334×750 pixel display at 326 PPI
- iPhone 6 Plus 5.5″ screen: 1920×1080 display at 401 PPI
- Curved glass display
- Improved battery life, equal or better than iPhone 5S
- M8 Motion processor, will track fitness activity
- Barometer sensor included, senses air pressure to detect elevation
- 8MP iSight Camera with new flash and an improved sensor, 2.2 aperture, with optical image stabilization
- VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling
- Apple Pay wireless payments support
- Ships with iOS 8 pre-installed
- Release date set for September 19
Ok ok enough technical specs, what does it look like, right?
iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Pictures
Here are some pictures of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, courtesy of Apple:
The iPhone 6 is set to be released on September 19, with pre-orders beginning on September 12. iOS 8 will arrive on September 17, but remember that it will ship preinstalled on iPhone 6.
iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus Videos
Finally, don’t miss the intro videos for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus:
By the way, don’t miss the new Apple Watch videos too… they’re pretty amazing.